Monday, February 27, 2017

Always looking to the positives

HEY ALL!

So this week was way better!! Some pretty awesome things happened. I'll save the best for last. :)

First, I had my first ever zone conference!! Oh my gosh, it was AMAZING. It was the strongest I have felt the spirit since I was at the MTC and I loved every single second of it. All of it. I learned more than I ever would have thought I could. Oh I loved it so much. If you are preparing or on a mission, definitely take full advantage of zone conference. It is such a blessing to have.

Another good thing, because there is always so MANY!! We had the most unique experience on Sunday. We were sitting in the Sacrament meeting first hour in the ward with our Chinese recent converts and they were having Chinese translated in front of us. Then in the row behind us we had our investigator having Portuguese translated to him. Chinese in front of us and Portuguese behind us. How amazing is that? Also I guess I'm not meant to teach in English...haha!

Another amazing thing, EXCHANGES! The Sister Training Leaders are amazing and I got to spend almost a full 24 hours with one of them. It was such a cool experience getting out of my area and getting to work with someone else. I loved it. Oh and the pictures of the area, that was from exchanges, so not actually my area. :)
Picture from Eldorado Hills, CA
Sister MJ Baird while on exchanges with the Sister Trainer Leader

Picture from Eldorado Hills, CA
Sister MJ Baird while on exchanges with the Sister Trainer Leader
Picture from Eldorado Hills, CA
Sister MJ Baird while on exchanges with the Sister Trainer Leader
Picture from Eldorado Hills, CA
Sister MJ Baird while on exchanges with the Sister Trainer Leader
Picture from Eldorado Hills, CA
Sister MJ Baird while on exchanges with the Sister Trainer Leader
Folsom Dam in Folsom, CA
Also.. I got bike lights finally!!!

AND for the grand finale...
  
On March 25th I will be having my first baptism!! His name is Luis and he is the one who speaks Portuguese. He is so prepared and ready to come unto Christ. He closed our lesson with a kneeling prayer and it was so incredible. The spirit was so strong. I could not be more proud of him.

I want you all to know that I know this is the true church on the Earth today. I know that it is Christ's church restored to the Earth. He loves us so much.

I love you all so much!!
Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

I wanted to share this amazing 'audio' file with you that Sister MJ Baird allowed us to share. This was recorded 2 weeks ago.  It is Sister MJ Baird and Elder Spencer from her Zone. Enjoy! We truly enjoyed this...we hope you enjoy as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment