Monday, April 2, 2018

More precious than gold!

Hey all!! 

So this week has been a blast!! 

Sister Van Valkenburg is amazing and I am so grateful to have her as a companion! She is from Utah, and is hilarious.

 
Sis Van Valkenburg and Sis Baird twinning it up!

Sis Baird and Sis Van Valkenburg - her new companion.

She has been out on her mission 6 weeks less than me! Our first full day working together we were able to put 2 people ON DATE!!! 

We have this awesome investigator in the YSA ward named Seven, yes like the number, and he is incredible. He is already in 2 Nephi and loving it. He even watched two whole sessions of conference!! We are aiming for May 5 so we are hoping that works out! 

The other on date is Mike and he is the husband of a less active who we are hoping to have come back to activity. The previous sisters found him and I guess he said it is time for my wife to go back to church and I am coming with her this time. AMAZING. He is super solid and we have set the date of April 21. 

We then also got to have some team ups which was fun!! I got to teach a lesson with the amazing Sister Clifford and then got to have Sister Maldonado with me to watch conference with Mike! Sister Van Valkenburg was sick, so we needed some help. It is always a blast to be with brand new missionaries. \\

Then today, as per tradition, I got to go to Coloma!! It is a place up in the way North of our mission and we get to learn about some history and pan for gold. I found 3 pieces and 3 pieces of fools gold. It was a blast. I got to spend almost all day with the wonderful Sisters Wong, Brown and Koller!! Love those sisters. 

The other amazing part of this week was conference. Now, as a missionary, this conference was by far the most stressful conference I have ever had. And I realized that this conference was a lot of "churchy" or "mormony" words in it, and when you are thinking of your investigators, it tends to stress you out. But it all turned out well. As a member of the church, holy molies, it was incredible. 

I want you all to personally know that President Nelson is the chosen prophet on the Earth today. He leads the church only by guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know this is Christ's church on the Earth, and I know that Christ lives and will one day come again. Today while learning of the gold rush, there were pioneers who decided to turn their backs on the gold because they knew what was far more precious and that was the gospel of Jesus Christ and their families. I would have done the same. 

I love and miss you!

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird
Sis Baird, Sis Van Valkenburg, Sis Maldonado and Sis Clifford trying to get bikes on the bike rack.

Sis Clifford and Sis Maldonado

L to R - Sis Van Valkenburg, Sis Baird, Sis Clifford and Sis Maldonado


Saying goodbye to Sis Richins and the "Hermana's" on transfer day.

Sis Baird and Sis Clifford - team up.

No comments:

Post a Comment