Monday, April 23, 2018

Can you say busy?

Hello beautiful family and friends of mine. What a joyous week it has been!!! 


There has been quite a lot going on over here in the great state of California, and now I get to update you on what exactly was going on!! I'll try to keep this on the shorter side, but there was a lot!! 

Lessons: Heavenly Father has some incredible plans for the Fair Oaks Park and River City YSA wards because we have been giving lessons like crazy, which, as a missionary, is a HUGE blessing!! 

Zone Conference and other meetings: We had the amazing opportunity to have Zone Conference and an additional meeting with some missionaries with Elder Patrick Kearon, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy. He was hilarious and said exactly what I needed to hear. I know a lot of people probably felt this way, but I felt as thought it was all for me during those meetings. 
Sis Tenney (former companion) at Zone Conference

Sis Tenney (former companion) and Sis Baird at Zone Conference


Sis Baird and Sis Root at Zone Conference


Baptism: This week we had the honor to be able to witness Mike enter into the waters of baptism. It was so exciting seeing him just glow as he was there. His wife is a returning less active Member of the Church and she was even at church on Sunday and is looking forward to coming with him every week. Pictures to come in the following email as usual. 

Sis Baird, Mike, and Sis Van Valkenburg - ready to enter the waters of baptism!

Mike and his wife!

Mike and his family w/ Sis V and Sis Baird

The missionaries w/ Mike before his baptismal service. 


Wedding: We also got to attend a wedding for one of our investigators. I loved getting to be there and a part of it. We ended up being the ones to consistently refill the food and drink, but it turned out wonderful and I was just grateful that I got to go. 

Kristin, our investigators wedding.


Kristin, our investigators wedding.


Temple tour: We then also got to go on a temple tour this week with Seven and another person getting baptized, James. They were awesome. We got to sit in the waiting room with them and really just pray and talk to God. At the end, for an update with Seven, he did decide that right now he does not think it is the right time for him, but that he does think it is the right path. He is wonderful though and we are definitely excited for him and his future. James is wonderful as well. She will be getting baptized this coming Saturday. She is not our investigator, but we are so excited for her. Also a miracle that happened at the temple!! 
James, Seven, Sis Van Valkenburg & Sis Baird

Sis Baird, Seven, & Sis Van Valkenburg

Sis Baird, Seven, & Sis Van Valkenburg


James, Seven, Sis Van Valkenburg & Sis Baird


So backstory, we originally had planned to do the temple tour with Seven and James in the afternoon, but Seven ended up having to reschedule for the morning. Well, we did a lesson in the church next door and then went inside to the waiting room. Well as I walked in, I see a handful of missionaries I don't recognize, so naturally I ask what mission they are from, and they say Roseville. Well, as soon as I look in front of me, there is Sister Ward!!!!! I quickly go hug her and well, don't let go for a while. A few minutes later walks in President Ward!! Turns out that it was the session for the departing missionaries this transfer. I could not believe I got to see them. For those who are less familiar with Missions and stuff, seeing people from other Missions, let alone another Mission President just doesn't happen very often. Yet, there on the one common ground we have, I got to see them. A face of home. It truly was a huge miracle for me. I know it was all in God's hands, otherwise I would have never seen them. 

This was just a small glimpse into everything that went on this week, Life is great. I am happy. And I love being a missionary!!

Much Love Always, 
Sister MJ Baird

Deborah and Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment