Monday, January 8, 2018

Laughing for Days!

Hello and good day!!!

Can you believe it has already been a week?

This week has felt both long and short but it has been amazing. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and Sisters Kearl and Tenney were exactly what I needed, and I did not even know it! Though, now I do!! We are seriously laughing all the time and it is the best. Laughing is something we should do all the time.
L to R: Sister Tenney, Sister Baird and Sister Kearl
L to R: Sister Baird, Sister Kearl and Sister Tenney
Life in Rancho has been a blast! We had quite a few meetings this week, but all has been going well! Even with all the meetings, we still managed to find a new investigator and have several appointments - almost every day! With new time changes, the Sisters are having to get used to 6 hours of church every Sunday, but thanks to the good ole' Folsom area, I was already kind of used to it since I did that for 6 months in Folsom :)

Some of the exciting news!!! Garry Bailey was baptized this week and it was probably the most spirit filled baptism I have been to on my mission. There was not a dry eye in the room. You could tell how much he loved what he was doing and knew that this is where God led him. We so grateful for his example. He now has Sister Simpson and Sister Wong to help him along the rest of his journey! 

We started Seeking Saturday here in Rancho (Rancho Cordova) so I am excited to see how that goes this transfer!! 

Not a crazy amount of new information, but it was definitely an amazing week! 

Update on preparation day next week. Due to the holiday and better finding times, our preparation day will be on Tuesday, January 16. Also, I will be hitting my 1 year this week!!  What, what!!

I love and miss you all. 

Before I go, I also just want to bear my testimony that I know Thomas S. Monson was a prophet of God and although his passing is sad, I know that this is Christ's church on the Earth and that it will continue to be led by a prophet of God. I know that God will never leave us behind. I know that He loves us. 

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird
Last Day with Sister Simpson as my companion!

Rancho Cordova Zone P-Day

Rancho Cordova Zone P-Day

Rancho Cordova Zone P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment