Monday, October 30, 2017

I was hugged by a man...twice.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL YOU GALS AND GHOULS!! 
No idea if I said that correctly, but I went for it. Can you tell I am excited for the holidays??????? Sister Simpson and I walked up and down every Christmas isle in Walmart today. I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. 

If you have not guessed, or don't know me well enough by now, I love holidays. I don't know why, but I do. They make me so happy and we are coming up on the whole long row of them!! One right after the other. Let me show you what I mean..

HALLOWEEN🍬
THANKSGIVING🍖
CHRISTMAS🎄
NEW YEARS🎇
VALENTINES DAY💝
ST. PATRICKS DAY🍀
EASTER🐰
MAY DAY🌼
MOTHER'S DAY💐

So many for so long and I am so pumped. Want to know a weird thought though? 
That last holiday on that list, Mother's Day!  It will be about a little over a month before I come home. Yay! Weird. Time is about to fly.....like the wind.

Maybe I should get to real talk now. I just got so excited. This week has been amazing!!  Something I have learned from Sister Simpson is that I get excited and amused REALLY easily. I guess it just doesn't take much to make me laugh. What can I say?! Smiling is the best. 

On Saturday, we were on exchanges and I got to go with the amazing Sister Searle. She recently entered the Mission field at the same time as Sister Simpson, so she is still pretty new. It was pretty fun. We were able to get them 2 return appointments!! We are praying that they don't fall through (AKA...not happen). During our exchanges on Saturday, we also had a blitz!! We had the 3 sets of Missionaries from District who were able to work in Sister Simpson and my area. From this blitz, we were able to find 1 new investigator who said yes to baptism and 2 new potentials, one of which said yes to baptism!! It was a day of wonderful blessings. 

To explain the subject line...on a mission, I am not allowed to hug anyone of the opposite sex. For safety rules and precautions and all the fun reasons. So while on this blitz, this man - yes the New Investigator who said yes to baptism, gets so excited to see Sisters, he hugs us!! Then, before we leave, he hugs us again!! Oh my goodness, I felt pretty awkward. It's been awhile since I had a full hug from a man. Oh, and let me make it better...he was 56. Haha, I am so excited to teach him though. Please pray he can come to his lesson on Friday

That was the exciting news for the week. We got to also teach Gospel Principles this week and finally got on our bikes. It has been a week of adventures for sure, but a good week nonetheless!!

Love and miss you all!!

Much Love Always and Happy Halloween!!
Elk Grove Zone Conference
Sister MJ Baird

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Those smiles are contagious!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson....
Smiling?! Oh that smile from Sister Baird!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Taken while they had been feeling a tad under the weather!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Sunglasses and...funny faces!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Sunglasses and Smiling!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson...
They are so happy to be companions!

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Well, being Sister Baird and Sister Simpson!


The "Elk Grove District' "Sisters"!
Sister Searle - Back row far left
Sister Baird - Back Row 2nd from left
Sister Simpson - Back row - center
Sister McDonald - Back row - 2nd from right
Sister Root - far right
Sister Thomas - front and center - taking picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment