Monday, October 23, 2017

Smiling is the best!

Hello wonderful humans, 

I need to get more creative with my intro line, but I am over it. So, guess what! Life is happy and it is wonderful and everyone should SMILE ALL THE TIME because smiling is seriously the best. this transfer has probably been one of the best of my mission. 
Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
This picture was from the first night in their apartment in Elk Grove Ward.
Sister Simpson was brand new!

Sister Simpson is amazing. I freaked her out a little this week by letting her know that I would be training her in the way of having her fully trained and basically a full blown missionary, no training wheels, by 6 weeks! It is going to be a blast. She is awesome and ready for the challenge. 




This week we had zone conference which is always amazing.
I was brave and got the flu shot. Did not cry! Improving, Mom be proud!! :D The Mission Dr. highly recommended receiving it, I then prayed about it and felt chastised and that I need to get it. Heavenly Father has quite the sense of humor. This zone conference was my first on the other half of the mission. Strange. It was the first time that I had been companions with one of the departing missionaries that gave their testimony. That was strange as well. Mind you, we were only companions for 2 weeks, but companions nonetheless. Time is very odd on a mission. 



The work in the Elk Grove area is booming!! Our first two weeks in the area, we have found 6 new investigators and we are working with several others!! So excited!! I have never had so much work going on in my area my whole mission! I did however, hear that Folsom 4th had a baptism this week, woot woot!!! So happy for them, the drought is over!!! 
Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
Elk Grove Ward Halloween Party

Sister Simpson and I have been sick the past few weeks, but are getting over it luckily, well mostly. 

We were able to attend our ward's trunk or treat and it was so much fun. I have never seen a ward go this all out before. We even handed out those large life savor gummies, and had saying that said "The gospel is a..." and then an arrow towards the life savor word. Cheesy and cute, I know.

Happy Dreams!!
Something, probably only my family and a few others will understand, but Sister Simpson and I have started doing happy dreams again! First time on my mission. I did not realize how much I missed it. She is awesome for putting up with me. Alright, you're probably getting warn out of reading this so I shall sign off for the week.

I love and miss you all, did you know that? Hope all is going well in the life of you!

Much Love Always, 
Sister MJ Baird
Sister Baird and Sister Simpson at church building.

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson at a members home eating dinner.

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
This was Sister Baird's 'Wave' to Mom for her birthday.
Thanks for sharing Sister Baird's Blog:
http://preparetoserve.com/california-sacramento-mission

No comments:

Post a Comment