Monday, November 6, 2017

"Oh, okay Hold on!" *Waits five minutes and no one comes*

Well hello gorgeous humans!!

Mission life is fun and great, did you know that?

I wanted to just share a thought.

We are all humans, all of us. No matter what religion, race, height, age, weight. None of that changes the fact that we are humans and all deserve to be treated kindly. Just because you would prefer not to be talked to, does not mean you can't be kind and respectful. 

Every day missionaries will go out and put their heart and soul on their sleeve just to try and share what they love and know about. What they hold close and dear to their heart. WHY?? Because it makes us happy and we want everyone around us to experience that same pure JOY and LOVE that comes from what we share. 

Imagine chocolate for a moment, you love it. You decide that you want to share what makes you so happy, the chocolate, with the person next to you. They don't want the chocolate so they decide to yell at you and ask why you would even think to offer. Why would you even think to talk to me? Go away and take your chocolate with you!! A bit sad, isn't it? The poor fellow was just trying to share his chocolate, something that made him happy. He thought it could make the person next to him happy too. 

That is what missionaries are doing, so I would ask, all of you who see missionaries, please be kind and respectful. Because, hello. My name is Sister MJ Baird and I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Every day I step out the door ready to wear my heart on a sleeve to share what I hold closest to my heart with everyone I see. Why?? Because it makes me happy and I want those around me to experience that same joy. Yes, so those two Elders or Sisters, whether walking, on a bike, or in a car, please be kind, because they are human too. And your friend here is one too. So please don't hid. Simply smile and be kind. That's all I am asking. 

I love being a missionary, but it just seems to be that people forget we are human too. 

Yes, the subject line was an accurate event that happen this week along with another event of a man yelling at us and slamming the door. Don't get me wrong, I am happy and okay, but it does sadden me to know how much people don't think to treat others kindly. 

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson - a member sent us this picture via text. Oh how we love these random pics!
Definitely makes our days, weeks!
Sister Simpson is amazing as always. Training her in 6 weeks has not killed her yet! We had Halloween this week and as a zone we had a training. Or really just an activity. Over 300 compliments were given in about 2 and a half hours. It may have been even over 350.. It was pretty cool. 

Sorry this one was longer, but we are working hard. It is officially winter here in Cali, as the rain has started! We have some amazing people we are working with and I am excited to see what happens with them!

Stay amazing and know that you are loved!
Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird
This was a picture received via text from Sister Hymas, President Hymas' wife.
What a treat to receive! Oh how our hearts melt when we receive these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment