Monday, November 27, 2017

The Lord's work, not mine!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BEAUTIFUL SOULS!!

This week has been amazing. I will try to focus on the main parts. 

First,Thanksgiving dinner!
Oh my goodness, if you ever get the chance to eat Pat Mullen's food, you are a lucky soul. Due to my fun taste bud decisions, Thanksgiving dinner has not always been my favorite. However, this year, there was almost nothing I did not like. It was seriously amazing. SO much good food. Although I don't get to spend this holiday season with my family, I am grateful that I get to spend it with such amazing people out here. 

Thanksgiving Day Service

Thanksgiving Day Service


Thanksgiving Day Service

Then Thanksgiving night we had a Zone Family training. Due to safety we come in at around 7 and do a training as a zone and then have a unity activity. The training was seriously amazing. We really focused on how we can have the faith to find and the faith to baptize. Like the subject line says, this is His work, not mine. I am honored to simply be a vessel for His work. We were then able to see the amazing Christmas video put out by the church #LIGHTtheWorld!! If you have not seen it, go watch it now. Please, if you love me, you will. It is on LDS.org and Mormon.org. SO AMAZING.
Sister Baird and Sister Simpson

Then in general news, Sister Simpson and I were able to have luck with the fours. We were able to find 4 new investigators, even with it being Thanksgiving week! I love when the Lord uses us to be in the right place at the right time. He is preparing people and we just have to be willing to open our mouths.
And then one of the highlights of the week!! We were able to put the Thao family on date for December 30TH!!! We are so excited. The father is a member already which means this could complete a family. It is such an amazing feeling to be able to bring a family together. 
A Thao family son.

Well, I hope your Christmas music is on and decorations are out, for it is the season!! I love and miss you all!! Send me pictures of your decorations, I would love to see them!! 

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird


FROM A FACEBOOK POST: on November 26, 2017
"
Though Thanksgiving was a few days ago, I don't think there is ever a bad day to be grateful. Today I want to express my gratitude for this incredible gospel that I get to share each and every day: the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because of this beautiful gospel I have so many blessings in my life. 
I have the opportunity to be sealed to my family for all time and eternity.
I know that I can be with my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Father in heaven again. 
I know that even with the many mistakes I make I can be forgiven over and over again. 
These are just a few of the many blessings this gospel brings. What are you grateful for this year?"

No comments:

Post a Comment