Monday, December 4, 2017

Lighting the World

Hello beautiful Lights in the world,

Just like every other missionary in the world, I am going to first say just how much I love this Light the World video this year. I won't spend a lot of time talking about it, but if you have not seen it, please go look and watch now. Also watch and participate in the 25 ways in 25 days. It is the best!! We were able to surprise bake a brownie, that looks like a cake for a member on the first day. I love seeing the joy it brought to them. Something so simple, brought so much joy!

This week has been a roller coaster in a way. The first part of the week went pretty well. We were going about doing 'normal missionary work' when we found 2 new investigators!! Then, on Thursday, we had Zone Conference. I seriously love Zone Conference. Just when you need a boost - it is there. We had a training by the Assistants to President and they showed a video called "Missionary Work and the Atonement". I cry every single time I watch it. If you get a chance to watch it, please do. It is amazing. 
Elk Grove Zone at Zone Conference
Sister Baird at Zone Conference
President Hymas on far Right
*Photo Credit to Patrick Twomey
Sister Baird sliding into a picture at Zone Conference.
*Photo Credit to Patrick Twomey

After that, things became a bit rough throughout the remainder of the week. Appointment after appointment fell through, then after many attempts, we had no one attend church again. It was not an easy thing, but we are trusting that things will happen in the Lord's time.

We then started our day off by receiving a text from the Thao's wanting to postpone their baptism. That broke my heart a bit, but we are not giving up on them. Our next step is to figure out how to help them move forward.

Was it the best week of my mission? No, but that is okay. It wasn't the worst either. 

We got to help decorate a tree.
Decorating Christmas decorations is a favorite pastime!

 I got ornaments to decorate from my family. I get to share the Light of Christ with all those around me. There are always moments of joy, even in the hard times. 

So this week, remember to have joy and Light the World because this world could always use a little more light, especially the Light of Christ. 

Also, Christmas Devotional was very good, I recommend!! 

I love and miss you all. What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment