Monday, December 18, 2017

Talk in Church, Christmas Party and a Christmas miracle!

Hey all!! 

I am not sure I will be able to email next week so I will say it now...
MERRY CHRISTMAS ADAM! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! 
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 

If you don't get it, one day I will explain it to you.:) Christmas is the best!! 

For this week, I am just going to go through some of the highlights that happened. So yes! We had Church yesterday AND Sister Simpson and I got to speak! It was great. I actually love speaking in church. Ask me why? I have no idea. We got to speak on Christmas and how the Atonement relates to it. I  loved it. We also got to sing with the Ward choir! We also had a little miracle on Sunday (not the Christmas one yet..) but we had this lady come to church who we found out was a member, but has been struggling for quite some time. She came all on her own! It was amazing and such an example to me. 

Then we had the Ward Christmas party on Saturday! Oh so fun! Some how we got the job to chase all the little kids around the gym for 20 minutes - so that's fine. I am not complaining ahah. Don't worry, I did not hold any children! It was tough, but I pushed through! 

And time for the Christmas miracle!! 

So to start, this transfer I have been studying a lot on Faith. Our Mission has had a focus on the idea that each companionship has the opportunity to baptize every transfer. At the beginning of this transfer, we had hope, but with the Thao's falling off date, I was definitely struggling to have the Faith. Well, earlier this week, I made the decision to trust God and have Faith. So, I turned to Sister Simpson and said "we are going to have a baptism this transfer". Heavenly Father said we could, so we are. She said okay and just went with it. Well, we got to meet with our investigator Gary and he is NOW ON DATE FOR JANUARY 6!! That is the last Saturday of the transfer!! Heavenly Father truly does provide when you have the Faith!!

I love you all and encourage you to remember the true meaning of the season. Merry Christmas you beautiful people!!

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird
Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
*Photo Credit to Patrick Twomey

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
*Photo Credit to Patrick Twomey

Sister Baird and Sister Simpson
*Photo Credit to Patrick Twomey

No comments:

Post a Comment