Monday, July 31, 2017

This week was a blur

Wow. Because it is the only thing that is on the forefront of my mind I have to just start with it. My family is officially in Arizona. Moved in and records in their new ward. Welcome to the West Baird family! 

Alright, I will try to focus and move forward. 

This week, as the subject line says was a blur. We had the incredible blessing of finding 4 NEW INVESTIGATORS. Never in my mission life has that ever happened before. Seriously I went three months without investigators. Now we have so much work. I am so grateful for all the work the Lord is allowing us to have. So quick recap on the investigators.

KRISTI!! For those of you who think that pass along cards never work. WE HAD A SUCCESS! She had a bible study card on her door and actually called wanting a Bible and wanted to be taught. We met her, invited her to be baptized, she said yes, and she came to church ALL THREE HOURS this Sunday. She is amazing. We get to meet with her again this week. 

JOY!! Joy is awesome. She is a former that we met with and we were pretty bold with. We let her know that if she wanted to know if the things we were talking about were true or if this really was the direction she wanted her family to go that she needed to take action. We shared that faith without works in dead and that faith is action. It was amazing and she really does want to find out. Also, it is not just her, but her and her family. 

MARIA AND FELIPA!! Their family speaks a mix of Spanish and English. Sadly, the Hermanas are too far so we are just going to use a member to translate for us. We are working on setting up another appointment with them. 

Sister Koller (my MTC Companion)
 and Sister Baird
Life is amazing, crazy busy, and a bit of a blur, a whole lot of stress, but all led by the Lord. This week I have definitely learned a few lessons. TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. Always trust the Lord in everything. Give your whole heart to the Lord because you only get to once in your life. We also had exchanges this week which was amazing. Since Sister Koller is now my STL I got to be around her for the most time I have since the MTC and she wasn't even my companion for exchanges. She is seriously amazing. 

Well, fun little thing from today, we played volley ball. Yes I am still bad. Then we played WATER BALLOON games. It was so much fun!! Everyone got so wet! I loved it. 

Mission life is amazing, but hard. But always worth it. ALWAYS.

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

Question of the week: If you knew the Bairds, what is your favorite memory of us and you?

No comments:

Post a Comment