Monday, July 3, 2017

Rodeo, Zone Conference and A New Mission President!

Howdy All!

So I have a lot of pictures this week, so I am going to keep the writing a little shorter. 

This week started with an amazing final Zone Conference with President and Sister Jardine. It is crazy to think that they are actually gone. It is hard to say goodbye, but luckily it is only a see you soon. I am so grateful for everything I have learned from them. One of the things that I loved most was the fact that the entire Zone Conference was centered around Jesus Christ. The whole thing! It was so incredible being able to hear about the love He truly has for each of us. President Jardine actually read the last 7 statements of Christ's life to us and it was so powerful. I would encourage each of you to study them out and see how much love He truly does have for us. 

Later Sister Wong and I had the amazing chance of meeting our new Mission President and his wife, while they were still with President and Sister Jardine. Quite the picture to have let me tell you. Yes,  it made the rest of the missionaries in the zone jealous. Perks of serving in the Ward where the new Mission President lives. 

We got to help them the next day by helping them unpack for an hour and a half. It was so cool to be able to hear their story and really just get to know them better. 

Later that day Sister Wong and I got to go to go to a baptism in the zone for some Elders and had the cutest boys there with their grandma with us. I love seeing people enter the waters of Baptism. I know Heavenly Father is so proud of them. 

And then!! Because the new President and Sister are in our Ward, we saw them on Sunday and the members home we went to for lunch, had actually invited Sister Hymas and her sons over as well, so...we saw them there too. This is the first day since they have arrived that Sister Wong and I will have not seen them. Definitely a unique experience. 

Finally we got to volunteer at a RODEO!! I loved it so much!! Our job was just to scan everyone's tickets, but it was so fun. I had my hair in braids and wish I had my hat and boots so badly!! The little bit of music I heard was great. 

Well, that is all for this week. So, question of the week: If you could live in the city or country which would you chose and why?

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

Had to replace my name tag, wore it out!
Elder Escoton my first zone leader and now he is headed home!
I was cold one day during our planning and Sister Wong took a pic.
Sister Baird and Sister Wong
"We like to take selfies, don't judge!"
I done messed up!
Sister Moffett and Sister Baird
Zone Conference...we had to match! Selfie Time! 
Zone Conference...we had to match! Selfie Time! 
Zone Conference...we had to match! Selfie Time! 
Sister Wong took my tablet!
This is when I didn't know Sister Wong took my tablet!
Elder Foley, my other first zone and leader and he is going home now too!
Post-Rodeo Service! 
Lunch at a members home with Sister Hymas and her boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment