Monday, July 24, 2017

I smelled the tree..in California! And had a baptism!!

Hey all!!

This week has been a range of emotions!

So something I forgot to mention about my new area is the fact that we had TWO baptisms that coming Saturday, or the Saturday that just passed. There was a mom of 5+ kids and her daughter who got baptized. Sam and Annie. Their family is seriously amazing. I could not believe the spirit that was there. Sister Rowley and I got to give the missionary moment and there were tears in my eyes. I loved it. Baptisms are the best. I hope to have a few more on date and hopefully another one before the transfer ends. We will see. 

In the news of investigators we have Barbi and a few others. Sadly we have not been able to meet the others, but we have been able to do service for Barbi and set up another return appointment. She is awesome and we are praying that we will be able to help her really progress in the near future. 

Now for the explanation of the title. For those who have heard me talk about the Root beer tree in the MTC, I never found it. We were actually told that it was cut down. Well my AMAZING companion knows her trees and let me know she found it!! IN THE MTC. Oh and the great part? They are here in California!! So I have officially smelled the tree. And yes, it does smell good. I was looking for the wrong tree that's for sure. Google it. Ponderosa trees. Looks like a pine tree of sorts!

Other than that we do not have a lot of big news. I love the work here and I love serving the Lord. It has been weird knowing a lot of people who have finished or finishing their missions soon, but it is such a blessing to know that I still have about 11 months to dedicate my entire heart, might, mind and strength to Him.

Oh, a fun little tid bit! Sister Rowley and I get to see several deer every morning and evening because of where we live and we have made friends with the neighbors two horses down the street. They are adorable. But not as adorable as my little niece Arabella. Nothing beats that, that is for sure!! 

The only other thing I have is that we got to attend church for the first time here and it was awesome. This Ward is amazing and I am so excited to get to know them better. 

Well, hopefully I will have more for you all next week.

Question of the week: What do you love about where you live? If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment