Tuesday, April 25, 2017

When the Trainee Becomes Trainer


Hey all,

So as you can probably tell from the subject line, this week was quite the week. We had transfers and I learned of mine on Thursday instead of Saturday. I received a phone call from President asking me if I would in fact TRAIN. I accepted and had very mixed feelings. Terrified and excited all at the same time. I'll continue this little story in a moment.
The infamous snake while on the Temple grounds

The last week as a trio was not the easiest of my mission, but I have learned a lot. We got to do Temple tours for activity day girls (girls between the ages of 8-12) and we got to go on a Temple tour with Madi and her mom. It was such an incredible experience. Blessings of having the Temple so close by! The night before the Temple tours we actually took a walk around as just us three and saw a snake! Yeah, Crazy. Picture included. This is when I learned the tablets don't have flash -_-. Boo.

California Sacramento Temple at night!










With that, we have continued meeting with Madi and her mom and we are super excited to be moving forward with them.
Other than that we don't have any investigators but I am confident that the work will move forward. All in the Lord's timing.

Sister Baird and Sister Wong - her new companion and trainee!







So I guess I should let everyone know who this new companion is!! Well, that would be the most wonderful... Sister Wong!! She is from Hong Kong and has no idea where Illinois is. I am driving because, well she can't Haha!And on top of that I have terrible direction skills and she can barely read a map so it has been fun you could say :) She is super sweet and I am looking forward to being able to  be her companion for the next 12 weeks.




Interesting fact, she has actually been on her mission longer than me. She was in the Hong Kong mission for 4 transfers before her visa finally came through! So she is older than her trainer haha, it is great. I love it.

Lots of meetings this coming week and a lot of patience this past week, but I still love being able to go out and serve the Lord with everything I have.
I wanted to give some special shout outs this week:
Happy Birthday to the most beautiful sister-in-law, Samantha Baird!!!
AND
Happy Birthday to the single most greatest little sister on the planet earth ever to have ever existed Sidney Baird. Holy molies you are almost a "legal idiot"!!!
Sister Baird and Sister Wong created this and had a member send this picture to us for
Sidney's birthday on April 26th!
Sister Baird is so thoughtful and sweet to ensure her Sisters' birthday was made special!

I hope you all have an amazing week. Don't forget, mother's day is coming up, so be preparing!
Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird


Sister Baird's mission car was 'gummed'.
Someone was very kind and shared their gum. So sweet huh?!

Sister Baird and Sister Wong taught Seminary and this was from their lesson!
Yes, she taught seminary! Crazy huh!?

L to R - Sister Baird, Sister Koller (MTC Companion), and Sister Hanekamp
These are the 3 Sisters asked to train the 3 new incoming Sister missionaries
that have joined the California Sacramento Mission.

L to R - Sister Baird, Sister Koller and Sister Hanekamp - trainers in waiting!

Sister Baird and Sister Wong in front of the California Sacramento Temple.

Sister Baird and Sister Wong


No comments:

Post a Comment