Monday, April 17, 2017

Trio Life and 3/18th of the way there!




Hey beautiful people,

Sorry for the not so positive intro last week. Hopefully this week will be better. I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to make sure I at least got something out to you.

A couple updates:
L to R- Sister Baird, Sister Sessions, and Sister Anderson
So as the subject line states, I am officially in a trio. We had the beautiful Sister Sessions join us last Monday (April 10) and will be with us until the end of the transfer, which is really just this week left.

Oh! Before I forget, P-day is Tuesday next week!

Anyway, trio life has definitely taken some getting used to, but Sister Sessions has been amazing so it has been alright. Learning new things every day. With the addition of her, we originally took on two other wards which meant, for a few days, we were covering 4 wards. Yes, 4. For some missions that is normal. (ahem utah), but here, it is definitely not the normal thing to have. We ended up giving one of the wards to the zone leaders so we are down to only 3! It helped a bit when they took that on.

Sister Sessions and Sister Baird chilling!
In good news Madi is on date for baptism!! She was really hesitate up to this point, but during this last lesson the spirit was so incredibly strong, the whole time. We talked about faith in Christ and repentance and Sister Anderson felt prompted to bring it up. It had been a touchy subject to put her on date (for baptism), but we brought it up and we both had the same exact date come to mind. We told her and prayed right then and there about it. When the prayer was finished, her mom said she no longer had any doubts about it for her daughter! How amazing! It was such an incredible experience. So the date is May 13th! Which is amazing because the next day is Mothers Day AND my birthday which is when she would receive the Holy Ghost. Anyway, I am just a little (and by little I mean lot) excited for her!


The other thing is that we had zone conference this week! I love zone conference! The whole thing was centered around Jesus Christ. One of the parts I loved the most, well there is two.

First is when they asked us all the question,
"Who is Jesus Christ to you?" So, I wanted to challenge you all to ask yourselves that question. "Who is Jesus Christ to me?" Let me know your answers. I would love to hear.

The other part I loved was when our Mission President asked us all to open to our favorite scripture about Christ. Most of the time I fumble around looking for a scripture, but for the first time in my life I was able to open straight to one that has touched my heart. The scripture I opened to was 2 Nephi 1:15.

2 Nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.

Besides that, I have just been chugging along.

I miss and love you all.

I hope you each had an amazing Easter. I know that Christ lived, died, and lived again, specifically for YOU.

Much Love to you always,
Sister MJ Baird

L to R - Sister Baird, Sister Sessions, and Sister Anderson
at a members home (Brother and Sister Pierce's) for dinner.
Sister Baird and Sister Anderson - picture provided by Sister Pierce, a member.

Sister Baird and Sister Pierce
- the member that is taking amazing care of Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment