Monday, April 3, 2017

General Conference was amazing!


Aloha to anyone who is still reading these after about 2 and a half months!

This week was pretty normal you could say, but we got to watch General Conference and the new Easter Video came out!

First General Conference: For those of you who don't know, this is a twice a year thing, where the entire church comes together and watches (via phone, computer, live, really a lot of different ways), the general authorities over our church speak to us on different topics. This session I loved so very much!! As a missionary I found myself seeing it, and looking for certain things in a whole new light! The prophet, Thomas S. Monson spoke for a little over three minutes and it made me think. If I only spoke for three minutes, it would definitely be what need to be heard the most. And He spoke about the importance of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is amazing and He said that if we do not have a testimony of it, to read it and get one. I am not saying that every one should stop what they are doing right now and read it, but I want to give my invitation to each of you to take the challenge of reading it. It has changed my life and I promise it will change yours too.

That was probably the biggest take away I had from conference this time. Gah, so good!

Anyway, a real quick thing about that new Easter video! It is called "Prince of Peace Easter Video" and is AMAZING! Whether you are Mormon or not I would encourage you to watch it. It brought me so close to tears, but not bad tears, good tears. Jesus Christ brings peace to our lives and He can bring it to your life as well. Oh and then if you love me, share it!!! You can even tag me in it if you want, when you share it. :D

Sorry for so much "churchy" stuff this week, but hey I am on a mission, guess you should have expected it <3

Update on Luis! He is getting baptized THIS Saturday, April 8th!! I am so excited for him!! He is amazing and I know he is excited to finally be baptized! Won't be my first official one anymore, but I still get to go, so it is all good!

Three weeks left of the transfer so I took more pictures with Sister Anderson.
Sister Baird and Sister Anderson Selfie 1

Sister Baird and Sister Anderson Selfie 2

Sister Baird and Sister Anderson Selfie 3
One quick funny story for you all this week. So I am designated driver right? Well Sister Anderson is a little (by a little - I mean major (probably bordering on phobia) fear of spiders. There was one in the the crack on her door while I was starting to drive away from our dinner one night and she gets so freaked out that before I can park the car she is ROLLING into the BACKSEAT of the car to get away from it. By the time I was out of the car she was in the backseat looking absolutely terrified! Haha, who knew I'd be the one killing a tiny spider. Normally I'd be the one in the backseat. Anyway!! Hopefully you got a kick out of it, I sure did.

Well this is getting long so I am signing off!

Until next time, Much love always!!

Jesus Selfie!
Sister MJ Baird

P.S. Accidentally took a picture of Jesus while trying to take our selfie haha, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment