Monday, March 27, 2017

May I say, I might actually like driving...?

Hello beautiful people of the planet Earth,

Don't judge, I'm weird. I know it and I love it.

Anyway :) I finally made a list of things I wanted to let you all know about so hopefully this is a better letter than past weeks have been.

A pond in the new Silva Valley Ward area that Sister Baird is serving in.
First off I wanted to let you know how AMAZING our new ward is. Silva Valley is so missionary minded and is willing to help us with anything. They are very well off so they live in a pretty nice neighborhood. All of them are gated. I don't mean Candlewick gated community, I mean really nice gated community! Maybe this won't be a surprise to some of you, but it was to me, but we are actually not allowed to proselyte (which means no knocking on doors allowed). This is why the ward has to be so missionary minded. Good thing they are so amazing! Hopefully that all made sense...



Another view of a pond in the new Silva Valley Ward area that Sister Baird is serving in.
A dead fish Sister Baird and Sister Anderson found at the above pond!

Some updates on the people we are teaching:

Luis is no longer ours, but I still wanted to keep you updated. He did not get baptized on the 25th, but he is now on date for April 8th. Due to his crazy work schedules he had to push his date back. He is so faithful and can't wait for his baptism. I will still be able to attend even though I am no longer teaching him. I can't wait!

Tony couldn't meet this week, but we are working on getting him to the church building so we can actually sit down and have a good lesson with him. Right now it has all been on his front porch. I'll keep you updated.

Laura, not sure if I have shared anything about her yet, but we finally had her not cancel an appointment with us. If you are curious, people cancel on missionaries ALL THE TIME. It is wonderful and that is why we always have backups. We had a member with us and the two of them hit if off really well, so we are hoping that helps her in her progressing.

And last, but certainly not least, Madi!! Oh my goodness she is amazing! She is in high school and wants to be baptized so badly. She has decided to meet with us twice a week and her mom will be going through the lessons with her. I am so excited for the both of them. The unique thing about the lesson we had with her, was that I was the lead and that I was with Sister Miko (the other trainee in our zone). So I have been out for about 8 weeks at that point and she'd been out 1 and a half. BUT, it went amazing and the spirit was so STRONG!!

Some small things, but this is getting long..

- I am actually starting to like driving..
- I was asked to sing a duet at zone conference again. Did I mention this is only my second zone conference? I will have sang at both. It's great :)
- COURTNEY DONNER (no longer Donner!) GOT MARRIED!! CONGRATS!!
- I got flowers at the bingo service this week!

and for the grand finale....

I finished Alma!! The single longest book in the Book of Mormon and after reading it for quite some time, reading over 20 chapters yesterday, and actually paying attention the whole time, I finished it! If you have not read the Book of Mormon cover to cover on your own, I challenge you to, it is truly an incredible book. It has changed my life and I promise it will change yours,

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird
An old 'pass along card' that Sister Anderson shared when she first started in the area.

Sister Baird striking a pose!

A picture captured while walking around the California Sacramento Temple grounds after the Women's Conference.

A picture captured while walking around the California Sacramento Temple grounds after the Women's Conference.

Sister Baird - walking around the California Sacramento Temple grounds after the Women's Conference.


P.S. Blairs, Sister Ryan, Sister Evans, and Cody Hale I need your addresses :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment