Tuesday, March 14, 2017

2/18th of the way done!



Hey all!

Okay, so I had totally taken notes so I would have more to give you this week and was awesome and forgot those at home. It was great. Anyway, I will try to do my best to remember. 

Sister Baird and Sister Anderson
First, this Thursday the 17th is St. Patty's Day. Don't forget to wear green. That is very important! My mother has taught me this well. 

Next we had TRANSFERS this week!! I am now serving in the Silva Valley and Folsom 4th Ward, still with the AMAZING Sister Anderson. We are what we call "shotgunning" or "whitewashing". Basically two new missionaries take over the Ward instead of one trading in. We are super excited. We had our first dinner with them yesterday and I got to sing while the mom played piano and the daughter played violin. I loved it! I could not be more excited for this transfer. 

Sister Baird and Sister Anderson pictured with the Chinese family they have been teaching english to. 
In other news, a little bitter sweet, but with transfers that means we had to give up Folsom 2nd, which is where the Chinese were and Luis. Though, we will still be able to attend his baptism, but he will no longer be taught by us. This Sunday, we had to say goodbye to the Chinese and him so that was a little hard. I also had to say goodbye to the Steed family. They are amazing. And I just loved them. They always made me feel funny...so you know. 

With a new transfer that means that I am no longer the newest in the mission! We have a trainee in the zone so I am seriously pumped to meet her!!

I wanted to end on a good note, so I will share a little about Lenni. She is sadly in 2nd Ward, but I still have to share the little we did get to experience with her. We originally tried her house at least a month ago and when a car saw us walking they quickly sped off to avoid talking to us. The usual, you know. We found ourselves there about a week later and realized where we were. We confidently walked up to the door and knocked anyway. To our surprise this woman answered the door and was so very kind! We didn't have time to talk at that moment, so we set up a return appointment and left her with some information on the Restoration (how the church was brought back to the Earth in the latter days :)) and went on our way. We went back at the scheduled time and found a sticky note on her door. She had said she couldn't make it, however she did set a return appointment for us! It was for a Monday, which normally would not work because of P day, but it happened to be transfers when P day is on a Tuesday. Miracle, just saying. We then went back yesterday and talked with her and she said she read the pamphlet we gave her and believes it all. She knows Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, that there is a prophet on the Earth today and that the Book of Mormon is true. We committed her to reading it and she said yes and that she had been looking for something to read and would read a few pages a night. I had her open up to the book of Moroni and read 10:3-5. As she finished reading she told us that it gave her chills and I was able to share with her that she was feeling the spirit. She said when I told her that she got the chills again and loved it. She is amazing. 
Need addresses to mail these!!

The Lord is preparing people and I truly do love and am grateful that I get to help find them and teach them. I get to be the one to help them come unto Christ. I love it!

Last few things. Yeah I remembered some sorry...

- I hit my 2 months, hence the subject of this email/blog.. :)
- I am now designated driver of our companionship.
 Yes, laugh it up. I know. 
- If you see a card with your name on it in the picture, I need your address!! 

I love you all!

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment