Monday, March 19, 2018

The Living Dead

Hey oh!


Sister Baird here, reporting from the California Sacramento Mission!

This week has followed suit of nothing normal, which seems to be the theme of this transfer.

We started off the week with me going and getting my eyes dilated.

All good, no worries!! Short little blip about that. The eye doctor I went to see, said he had just had a young lady with my same prescription come in because she started to see "fireworks". In other words, her retina tore. He said I was fine though. Gave me lots of comfort.. anyway!!

Then on Wednesday we had zone conference and I loved it! Zone conference is truly one of my favorite things in the world. I got to see 3 of my 4 'daughters' at this Zone Conference as well! I was seriously thrilled when I got out of the car and saw Sister Simpson, Sister Wong and Sister Rowley. Oh my goodness it was amazing. Some day I will get all 4 together. #bigfamilyproblems

L to R - Sis Richins, Sis Baird, Sis Wong, and Sis Simpson - 3 of her companions she's served with.


Sis Baird and Sis Wong (throwback pic)


We were able to receive training that was exactly what we needed to hear. I got to give a training to the zone with the zone leaders, that was fun. I love when the spirit guides the conversation. I am also super grateful that I am serving with some bomb Elders. I don't have to worry about being not part of anything or them just ignoring me. Not sure if that makes sense, but I just have an awesome zone. I'll leave it at that. The rest of the mission also got smart phones at zone conference so that was exciting!
Zone at Zone Conference with President and Sister Hymas


I was then able to have exchanges with Hermana Barrera, and that was wonderful. She is super sweet and such a hard worker. 

Then Saturday we had Kelley's baptism! Oh my goodness, the spirit was strong and it was an amazing baptism. I loved being able to see Kelley just glow because of the choice she had made. She is an incredible example to everyone around her. 

Kelley at her baptism with Sis Baird and Sis Richins



Oh and the best part of this, Sister Richins has literally been sick for a solid week. Last Saturday and Sunday she laid on the couch for 48 hours straight, and just slept and for the rest of the week she was down. It was nuts, but she is alive and going again. The title is all based around her. Glad she is back. 

Sorry if this email is all over the place. Life is great. I love the mission. We find out transfer calls this Saturday, so be waiting for news next Pday!

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

Zone 'blitz'


No comments:

Post a Comment