Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Oh Jimmy...

Hey all, another week has come and gone already. Oh and surprise, I'm emailing on Tuesday this week, not Wednesday as planned! This is due to Temple schedule and overflow, it turns out we are going to the Temple on March 1st instead of this week. As long as I get to go, I am a happy person. If you have not been to the Temple recently, go! If you can't go inside, go walk the grounds. The Temple is seriously the best place on earth. 


Sis Baird and Sis Richins - my new companion!


Sis Richins and Sis Baird 


Well, this week has been a little bit crazy. Sister Richins and I have been doing all we can to hit the ground running and do all we can for the work here in the Mather and Anatolia Wards. We had a great time at church - we attended both wards, we were just going around and meeting as many people as we could. 
One of the families made 'Missionary Name Tags' for themselves when we came over to meet them.


We were able to have the opportunity to work yesterday instead of have preparation-day because more people would be home as a result of the holiday. Well, we had a little miracle and it all starts from the fact that Jimmy did not answer his door. We knocked, and I felt prompted to leave a pass along card. Though this seems normal, for me it isn't. You see, if you don't leave a card, they don't know you came and you can go back sooner. :) hehehe. sneaky, sneaky, I know. Be proud. Anyway, I left one as the spirit directed and oh man, was that a good thing. All it said was "Jimmy - Sorry we missed you! If you'd like to hear a message about Jesus Christ, give us a call!" With our names and number. Well about 4 or so hours later we got a call from said Jimmy. Long story short, he was telling us he was going to press charges and would be in contact with his lawyer and that he would be calling back at 4:30. Well, miracle because 4:30 rolled around and no call. Funny side note, he asked for my manager and I gave Sister Richins the phone and he completely believed it. Also, he asked what time we closed.. not sure the man really understood who or what we did. Oh well, Jimmy never called and life is grand. 

And in other grand news, we got a return appointment with Jackie and are hoping to make her a new investigator this week. 

There are my fun times for the week. Simple, but great. Made me so grateful that we go two by two in this work. :) 

I love this gospel and I love you!

Much Love Always, 
Sister MJ Baird

Valentine's Day from my parents!

Valentine's Day from my parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment