Monday, February 12, 2018

13/18th of the way done!

Crazy news! 

Apparently I have been out for 13 months!? Hmm, not sure how that happened, but I guess it did!


Some fun news this week!!

First off some events from the week! 

We were able to start the week off by having an amazing meeting. Just got to meet with President and Sister Hymas, have some training and learn a lot! I was also able to see my wonderful MTC companion Sister Koller

Sis Baird and Sis Koller (MTC companion)

A bunch of Sisters receiving training w/ Sis Hymas (she's on far left)


A bunch of Sisters receiving training w/ Sis Hymas (she is in the pink)


 
and my MTC district member, Sister Brown!! I love them both so much. If you want to know our secret, not so secret plan, it is that we all three are going to kill each other our last transfer. Not sure it will happen.. but one can hope, right?


Zone Conference


We were able to have some amazing lessons with our members this week. We have been working closely with our Bishops and had him pray about which families we could give a certain challenge to. It was to introduce us to someone to teach within the next 2 weeks. We are excited to see what happens. I have faith that the Lord will provide for each of these families. 

Miracle from Sunday!! We had this younger boy we were working with when I first got to the area and we ended up having to release him because his grandmother was not being active in the church and would not bring him to church. In order to be baptized, church is part of the deal. Well, I guess the neighbors worked with the grandma enough and she let them give him a ride so he was able to come to church on Sunday!! This was the first time since Christmas Eve, and even then it had been a while! We are hoping to pick him back up soon. \

Other than that, life has been grand. I have loved my companions and know that the Lord put us together for a reason. 

Which brings me to transfer news!!

I will be staying in the Mather and Anatolia Wards!! Sad news is that not only am I losing Sister Kearl, because she is finishing her mission, but Sister Tenney is also leaving and headed to Folsom. If she had to go any where I am grateful she is going to the place I started. 

My new companion will be Sister Richins, who came out with Sister Simpson, so she is only 6 months old! I am so excited to meet her tomorrow!! Also, I am the designated driver again.. having a transfer off was fun! I guess that was my break .

Sorry this email was longer, but it was an amazing week. 

Next week we are going to the temple as a mission, so I will not be having my p-day until Wednesday!! So no emails from me until then!! 

I want you to know something and that is: I love being a missionary! I had a member ask if I did and know I feel the need to make sure everyone knows. 

Also, so sorry for all these add ons... this will be my first transfer in 13 months with no 12 week... whooo!!

Much Love Always, 
Sister MJ Baird

Sis Baird, Sis Kearl, Sis Tenney and Cody - the cutest little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment