Monday, May 22, 2017

There can be miracles, if you believe!!

Aloha,

There was a man who graduated from BYU Hawaii who spoke at the Stake's Seminary Graduation so I thought I'd go back to where a part of my heart will always be.

Anyway. Today's email isn't going to be crazy long, but I wanted to make sure I sent one.

A few random facts. Today Sister Wong had her first American Burger and she expected it to be bigger because of the restaurant in Twilight. She is still looking for a "family restaurant" to eat at because of that movie. Fun little tid bit. She thinks American high school is just like high school musical. If only my locker could have been pink. How amazing would that have been??  Sister Wong also does not like the sun. At all. Completely opposite of me - completely. I am my mother's daughter and adore the sun. We were driving home the other day and she, as usual says the sun is "chasing" or "following" her. This time she decided to say "Don't you fall in love with me, you won't even get the chance!". This was said to the sun. So I guess the sun doesn't get a chance at falling in love with Sister Wong haha. She's great.

Now for a miracle, or TWO.

So in one of the wards we cover, there hasn't been any work since Sister Wong got her. We ended up releasing everyone the week before she got her and have yet to have anyone since. We have been trying and nothing. This Sunday we decided we were going to specifically fast for this ward. They deserve people and we could not think of anything else left to do. We start our fast Saturday night and go into our regular running (really driving) around Sunday. When we get back to this ward to finally stay for the rest of church, they had just finished sacrament and we were going around talking to people, you know being good missionaries. ;) We then have a member waving us over to this couple we neither Sister Wong or I know. It turns out it is a member of the church who has been less active most of his life and his non-member wife. He woke up that morning and felt like he should come back to his roots. But wait, it gets better. They did not know which ward they were in or what time it started. They randomly showed up to the building where the wife immediately went up to a set of Elders that were in the lobby and asked when the next service was and if he knew what ward they were in . She told him where they lived and he told her what ward she was in and that the service started in about 5 minutes. I know the Lord's hand was in it. There is no such thing as coincidences.

That night we then found out that the Zone Leaders had contacted someone who lived in our area and got a return appointment with him for tomorrow!!

We had no idea the power fasting truly had, but we were incredibly grateful and still are to see all the blessings that have already come from it.

A returning part member family and a potential new investigator. Life is amazing.

I love this gospel more than anything. We have been faced with a lot of Anti (Anti-Mormons who are actively seeking was to put the church down in any way they can) this week and it has been such a huge blessing to see that regardless my testimony stands firm. I know what I have received a witness of and no one can take that away from me.

Much Love Always,

Hey Stephanie, welcome to Cali!

Pretty flowers that bloomed from my birthday


She saw a fancy car and wanted a picture.

She was a bit tired from service on Saturday. 

We have squirrels here. Squirrels are nice, chipmunks are evil. Sorry Alvin.
Sister Wong and Sister Baird at Charming Charlies!

How my companion likes to pray. Isn't it awesome?

Sister Wong enjoying her first good ole' fashion American burger!


I made her let me study in the sun :)

I made her let me study in the sun :)

I made her let me study in the sun :)

A scripture I love!
Sister MJ Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment