Monday, May 15, 2017

Firsts, Exchanges, Skype, Birthday, and 4/18th of the way

Well. I typed out this long, awesome email. And then magically I bumped some keys on the board and it deleted it all. Yep. It's great. So this version may not be so awesome or great.

First for the week!!

Madi was baptized and it was amazing!! The Spirit was so so strong and it was Sister Wong's first baptism in America!!

I got my first flat tire. How you ask?? Curbs are evil I tell you, evil! You know what else is the BEST? Rush hour traffic on the high way. SO FUN. Oh! Question, what is the difference between a high way and freeway? I have no clue. They seem the same to me.

I had my first Starbucks cup with my name on it! As my zone leader said "Congrats, you're officially a white girl". That, or I just really love my name being on a cup.

We also had exchanges this week, which were amazing. I got a killer sunburn on the bottom 1/4 of my arm. Yay for 3/4 sleeves while ridding a bike in the sun :) I also managed to forget all my stuff back in our area and didn't realize it until we got there. Sometimes I am a little forgetful. Ha..haha.

Then I got to Skype home for the first time!! It was so amazing. It also happened to be on the same day as when I turned the big 2-0. It was definitely an amazing day. Thank you to everyone who reached out in some way and made sure I heard from you. It meant so much.

Through this crazy week I also managed to hit my 4 month mark! Time really is going by fast!!

Sorry this email is kind of lame, I promise the first one was better. Darn keyboard, that I am actually really grateful for.

Shoutouts, because, well because I want to:

Lee and Tim HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATS ON BEING ONE YEAR OLDER!!

Happy Mother's Day to all current moms, one day moms, and mother like role models out there :)

AND my beautiful Sister graduated high school!! Woot woot!!

It has been a crazy but awesome week.

I love you all!!

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird


Sister Wong's first recliner experience
Exchanges. Got to ride in a jeep with no top. It was fun!

Madi's Baptism
L to R - Sister Wong, Madi, Sister Baird
Happy Birthday to me!
Sister Baird and the Cup
Madi's Baptism
L to R: Sister Wong, Madi, Sister Baird

Exchanges. Got to ride in a jeep with no top. It was fun!


 
Companionship Selfie! Because we are so cute!


Flat Tire...nuff said.

Flat Tire

On exchanges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment