Monday, May 7, 2018

The final call!

Well folks, if you can believe it. I received my final transfer call of the mission on Saturday!! 


And the news.... 

I will be staying in the Fair Oaks Park Ward - North area and the River City YSA - Carmichael area, and will be receiving the companion of... Sister Ellsworth!! I am so very excited to be serving with her. She came out with Sister Rowley, so it will be so much fun to get to know her better. 

This week has been a week. Blurry, running around here and there, you know, the usual. There are a few key points I wanted to share with you all though!! 

First, Sarah!! Remember her?? Well, we had our make it or break it lesson with her on Thursday and it as wonderful!! Oh my goodness. She was amazing and so open to everything, I could not believe it. She'd definitely struggled and wanted to give up, but ultimately she decided to give it another go, but this time just take it slower. We can definitely do that!! I'm so excited to continue working with her during this upcoming transfer. 

We then met with Kristin in preparation for her interview for baptism and she was amazing. She has progressed so much in the time that I have been here in this area. When asking her about whether or not she had prayed about modern prophets, she said she forgot his name but that when pondering on it, she said we have to have a prophet so that we don't fall back into apostasy!! Which is exactly correct!!! I could not believe it. It may not sound huge written down, but this was a HUGE victory in her process!! 

Then, a final tender mercy moment. In reality, as a missionary you give out a lot of 'challenges' that people say yes to and then, never do. It is the just a fact. If you are preparing to go on a mission, be prepared for this!! A couple weeks ago, we taught a class of 12 to 14 year olds and committed them all to go home, pray about the Book of Mormon and receive their own witness of its truthfulness. Well, this past Sunday one of the youth got up and bore testimony about the experience she had doing the challenge from us. Oh my goodness, it was the best feeling in the world!

I have 6 more amazing weeks ahead of me. My feelings are all over the place, but most of all, I am so excited to be representing my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. How great is my calling. 

Here's to the last 6 weeks!
Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

Zone pictures.

Zone pictures.


Sis Baird and Sis Van Valkenburg

Sis Baird, Sis Clifford, Sis Van Valkenburg, and Sis Maldonado - doing 12 week by the river!

Sis Baird by the river!

Sis Baird, Sis Clifford, Sis Van Valkenburg, and Sis Maldonado - doing 12 week by the river!


The River!

Girls just wanna have fun!

Selfie fun w/ Sis Baird and Sis Van Valkenburg


Sis Baird, Sis Clifford, Sis Van Valkenburg, and Sis Maldonado - doing 12 week by the river!


Sis Van Valkenburg and Sis Baird and some Minion bubble blowers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment