Tuesday, January 31, 2017

In Sacramento!





Sister MJ Baird and her MTC companion Sister Koller - photo credit to Patrick Twomey


President and Sister Jardine  talking to new missionaries - photo credit to Patrick Twomey

New California Sacramento Missionaries arriving
- photo credit to Patrick Twomey
Hey all!!.  
Life in Cali is surprising COLD. Yes, the temperature is higher, but man I am still freezing! Getting her was fun. I slept the whole plane ride, out like a light. Seeing my Mission President for the first time was amazing. We were walking down the escalator and he was there with his wife just waiting for us. They already had so much love for us. Upon arrival, we took pictures and talked for a bit and then went to the mission home. 

President Jardine speaking with new missionaries
President and Sister Jardine and all the new California Sacramento Mission missionaries
- photo credit to Patrick Twomey



















They gave us food and then sent us straight into interviews with the Mission President. He was so kind and loving. I was first, thanks to my awesome last name, but hey it was good. He is so inspired. Barely knows me and out of the blue, he says you're a leader aren't you? He didn't know me, but he could tell. I’m not a huge leader, but I think I am a little at least. It was amazing. I got to tell him why I went on a mission and we just talked. 

Sister Baird and her companion/trainer Sister Anderson

Getting my trainer was awesome. I was the first sister to be shown who my trainer was. The cool thing in this mission is that they don't assign you who your trainer is until after your interview with President Jardine. When the assignments are made for who your trainer will be, that is when the trainers find out who they are training. I was the first sister who was assigned, so of course, I had everyone as an option. Well, besides the Spanish sisters. My trainer is named Sister Anderson and she is from Oregon. She is super nice! 








I've already been in a lesson, short but we set up a return appointment - so that was amazing. I love it already. Worked out this morning, yes worked out. I know it’s crazy. Bought food for the first time today. That was fun. 

I will hopefully have more details about life next week. I love you all so so much.


Until nexr time,
Sister MJ Baird


SIDE NOTES:

Sister Baird has been assigned to labor in the Folsum area. She'll be serving in the Folsom 2nd and Folsum 4th Ward in the Folsum California Stake. She lives with a member of the church. I'm attaching a copy of part of her mission boundaries and I've outlined in yellow the area she'll be serving in to start!







1 comment: