Monday, June 4, 2018

I got punched in the face by a water balloon!

Well it seems that for the first time in my whole mission I missed sending a weekly last week!! 


The reason why? 

Well, the subject line explains. We were having a Zone activity last preparation day (p-day) and part of it included fun with water balloons! Well, long story short, I ended up getting a water balloon straight to the eyes.  As a result, I had one eye freaking out and not dilating correctly and with my vision and eye history, we decided we'd better take me straight into an eye doctor. Fortunately, it turned out to simply be a sluggish pupil and that it should heal in time. If,  after time it wasn't 'going back to normal' after a year or so, it would be permanent. Well, the good news - I can see wonderful again (well, wonderful considering my normal awful eye sight)!  Additionally, my eye has now returned to normal. So yep. That was fun! 

This week was a blast. It went quick, but also slow. We struggled a bit with finding people and our investigators are simply going MIA (missing in action), but we have faith that we will continue to find the elect who are ready and willing!! 

On Thursday, I also had my last Zone Conference. It was such a bitter sweet moment. I loved seeing all those missionaries that are serving in the mission, but let me tell you, giving your departing testimony is not an easy task. I am grateful that the last thing my beloved fellow Sisters and Elders got to hear from me was my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. 

Zone Conference - Sis Baird getting to direct music one last time!


Sis Baird and Sis Tenney at Zone Conference

Sis Baird selfie - with the one, the only, the infamous Patrick Twomey!


I also got to go on an amazing team up with Sister Mitchell. She is such a sweet heart and has grown so much since the last time I served with her. We were able to find 2 new investigators in our short time together!! 

Sis Baird and Sis Mitchell


I love this gospel. I love getting to wear my Savior's name on my chest every single day. I am grateful that I have 16 more wonderful days left to do so, because it is an honor and privilege to do so. 

I love and miss you all. You've got two Mondays left to email. Hop on it ;) 

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird

Sis Baird and Sis Ellsworth


Sis Baird and Sis Ellsworth

Sis Baird and Sis Ellsworth - sipping a beverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment