Monday, September 25, 2017

Hey Oh, Herded a Cow

Hey beautiful people,
What a week this has been!!

So exciting and sad news. We did have to release a few investigators, but that is okay because it means the Lord is preparing others who are ready. 

One of the amazing blessings that came was Taia!! She is amazing!! She is so open to learning even though she has almost no religious background. She did not know the story of Christ's birth. That was fun to explain. Seriously, I love Jesus Christ. He is the best. If you don't know about Him, please please let me tell you about Him. I will tell you all about Him if you give me the chance :) 

Well the good news with her was we were able to put her on date for October 28th!! We are so excited for her. She was a little hesitant, but she put her faith forward and set the date. It is amazing to watch people put their trust in the Lord. It can be so hard to do so, yet so many do. And I get to be apart of it and help them do so. It is such a blessing to be apart of. I am so happy I have 9 more months of this stuff!! It is the best. 

The only semi down side, which really isn't even a down side is we will have to transition her to the YSA Elders. But, not even a huge bummer, because she is still learning and coming to Christ and that is the important part. 

Other news, I saw today that Maddy Habra is on date for baptism!! I am so excited for that girl. She was one of the girls I was teaching when I left Silva Valley. I love seeing people come closer to Christ. 

Hopefully this email is making sense. 

Funny story for this week! Sister Rowley and I were running home to grab something when all the sudden there was a cow in the road!! We ended up having to herd it home and then run off to a study. It was fun. That cow loves grass, let me tell you. It would not stop eating it. It also ate a huge chunk of a neighbors tree/bush. Opps.. lock up your cows people. 

Okay, also women's conference was amazing.  If you did not watch it, go to LDS.org and watch it!! Also watch general conference this week because that is the best too. 

Another semi funny, made me feel awkward story. We were doing a blitz in another missionaries area, and the four Sisters were together because we carpooled. Go planet Earth. Well, we were sent to this gated apartment complex and two of the Sisters decided to semi hop the fence... imagine Sister Rowley half bent over this fence opening it from the inside.. yeah. Awkward part is we then had the manger come talk to us. Dignity people. We must be dignified...but at least it was a fun story. 

Alright, that's all I have this week.
I love and miss you all. 

Much Love Always, 
Sister MJ Baird
Sister Baird and Sister Rowley - selfie?

This is for Dad and Sidney! - LOL!
(Ask Sidney about the "I Voted" sticker! She loves those stickers!

A woman who served her Mission in Rockford, IL! Rockford peeps? Anyone remember the Farley's? She knew them! Addison was either almost here or just barely here. Very cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment