Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Transfers and just a few pictures :)

Howdy all!

That was in honor of my new district leader, Elder Snow who is from Texas. Speaking of District Leaders, we had transfers this week, hence the Tuesday email. No I didn't just get lazy and not send one. :) My transfer was...Stay in the beautiful Folsom 4th Ward and Silva Valley Ward with Sister Wong another 6 weeks!! I am so excited to still be serving with Sister Wong and these wards. I have truly come to love the people here and it is going to about kill me when I leave. Luckily that won't be for at least 6 weeks :) By the end of this transfer I will have spent a 1/3 of my mission. I will have reach a 1/3 of my mission. When did that happen? The time is definitely going fast. 

Sadly however, the work is still a bit slow. Right before the end of transfers, the District did a blitz for us and got to see what we deal with basically everyday. A blitz, by the way, is where all the companionships in the District work in just your area and go see a list of people you have put together for them. We had 4 companionships going to see 8 people each. At least 20 of them were no answers. Possibly more. Yeah. People don't like to answer their doors, or they really might not be home. 

Some good news, in Silva Valley we did get this 10 year old girl to finally say yes to being baptized. Her brother who is only about 8 days older or something (yes real siblings, not explaining why the age difference) was baptized a bit ago, and she has just been saying not ready, not ready. Well, Sunday she finally said YES!! We could not be more excited for her. Please keep her in your prayers, that all will continue to go well. Maddie :)

Craig unfortunately did not show up for his appointment. We even had members with us. Hopefully he will progress more this week.

Well, fun news, I got to go to the Temple today!! That was amazing. Last time I went was in the MTC and that felt like forever ago. Definitely take advantage of the Temple if you have one near you. Not being able to go all the time is so hard. 

Well, that is really all I have this week. Sorry there isn't more cool stuff. 

I will share with you my testimony of how much your Heavenly Father loves you. We had an experience this week where a lady got mad that we knocked on her door twice instead of just leaving after no one answered the first time. Even though she was rude and mean to us, I know that Heavenly Father loves her just as much as me. We also met a lady who basically told us because we did not believe the same thing as her we were going to end up in hell. She was at least polite, but meant the same regardless. Yet, I know Heavenly Father loves her still the same. No matter what we do, He will always love us, because we are each his children.

I love you all and I know this church is true. I know Jesus Christ lives and loves each and every one of us.

Much Love Always,
Sister MJ Baird







No comments:

Post a Comment